Outline your opinion of the strengths and weaknesses of the novel. Give reasons and examples to justify your answer.
I think that the strengths in the Silver Donkey are the stories that the Lieutenant told the children. They teach valuable, enjoyable lessons that people can remember and pass on to others. All of the storeys show the good and sweet-natured characteristics of the donkey. "From that day on there was always a donkey at Jack's side. The man and the animal worked together as a team."(P.133)
The weakness in the novel is the mystery in the story, e.g - Is John real? Does he make it home? Is he really blind? Some people might like this idea in novels but I don't as I like the facts of what happened and how it ends.
Friday, May 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
This is great Charlotte.
I think it is a good idea to put in examples. but I think you need to expand on the strengths.
A+++++++!!! Great response charlotte.
Post a Comment